Challenges. Life is full of them. Big ones, little ones, ones that impact all of humanity and then ones that only a scrapbooker could understand. Which brings me to my challenge when it came to August’s Project Life Spread.
When it comes to colour, the brighter the better. I love colour in my layouts and in all my crafty projects (not in my wardrobe however, that it is a monochromatic menagerie of neutrals!). That being said, I am not a pastel person, maybe on a baby but beyond that, they have never been my thing.
So when I saw my Gossamer Blue August kit, at first I was really disappointed and a little lost, I wasn’t sure how I would use the overly pastel palette and this made me procrastinate big time on completing my August pages.
But challenges are good, and never to back down from one myself, I finally pulled up my sleeves and got to work. Although I didn’t think I could get it to work with my summery, bright photos, alas, I came up with a result that I could get behind (perhaps even like?)
I fashioned my title card from a 3×4 August card to a 4×6 card and added some of the gold washi tape from the August kit to the side, embellished with a stamp and some gold rub on hearts, those from MME’s On Trend Two Collection. The rest of the page I embellished pretty sparingly with cardstock and chipboard stickers, from the Gossamer Blue Life Pages kit and added a few stamps.
For the second page of my main spread I again primarily used the cards, chipboard and cardstock stickers from the Gossamer Blue Life Pages kit. I wanted to add some interest to the card on the bottom right hand corner, so I punched out the circle and added a veneer star to the centre, also from Gossamer Blue.
Again, struggling to fit it all in, I used a small insert (6 x 12) for a few more photos. The front of the insert, on the left, I used some of the wood veneer from the Gossamer Blue Life Pages kit (I really loved them this month!) and added a rub-on heart to the centre of the camera veneer. I embellished further with some stickers and enamel dots.
For the back of the insert, I added a strip of gold washi and enamel dots to embellish the top card. For the bottom, I used one of the stamps from the kit and stamped it onto cardstock and cut it out for the embellishment at the bottom.
And that’s August complete! Pastel fears almost conquered!